The Photographic Society of Chattanooga meets on the third Thursday of each month with two exceptions. The September meeting is held at various locations with a picnic atmosphere. The Annual PSC Banquet and Photo Contest takes the place of the December meeting and happens at various locations, which are announced in November.
The meeting schedule is: 6:00 p.m. for Beginners Boot Camp, or other training; 6:30 p.m. for social time; program – usually with an outside photographer – begins at 7 p.m.
Location: St. John United Methodist Church, 3921 Murray Hills Drive, Chattanooga, except for September meetings, which are set aside for PSC’s annual picnic.
Directions to St. John United Methodist Church:
The Photographic Society of Chattanooga (PSC) meets monthly throughout the year. Speakers are invited to address the membership on a wide variety of photographic topics. The 7:00 meetings generally follow this format:
- Speaker presentation
- Short break
- Members’ Show and Tell
The months of March, June, September, and December are set aside as member focus months. The meeting format for these months is as follows:
- March speaker followed by a Quarterly Photo Contest Results
- June speaker followed by Quarterly Photo Contest Results
- September Annual picnic followed by Quarterly Photo Contest Results
- December Annual PSC Banquet and Photo Contest Results
Other club activities:
- Yearly seminars with well-known photographers
- Field trips locally and out of town
- Mini-seminars and demonstrations throughout the year
- Photographic exhibits
- Member presentations